Monday, January 02, 2006

A Happy New Year

Well, it's the new year again. Time sure does fly..wish i still had at least another week of vacation left, but alas, my classes resume on the 4th..*sigh*...it's gonna be back to the salt mines again. We didn't buy any firecrackers this time, but instead admired the ones the neighbours were setting off..sinturon ni hudas, super lolo, daylight, watusi.. :) Poor Xena was reduced to whining only by 9pm, i took pity on her and let her stay in my room till the fireworks died down. Spent the New Year and New Year's Eve at home with my siblings, Auntie Girlie and one of our cousins on my dad's side, Kuya Ben..It was quite a nice and cosy celebration, nothing too fancy. Kuya even fired up the grill and barbequed the marinated liempo and chicken. It went well with the greek salad Ate made as well. Yum..

Also had a nice Yahoo conference with Kuya and Kuya Ben, (who were just in the next room at home) Ate Tina and Ate Tootsie, one of our cousins who's in the states. It was great hearing their voices, despite not understanding a word whenever they started jabbering in bisaya. Yes, alas, i do not know a word of my own dialect..

On a much lighter note, my parents will be flying home on the 7th this month. Then again this means the parentals will be around, no more late nights and all that college life fun though, hehe. Papa's gonna be here for probably 2 weeks, Mama much longer, maybe 6 months..

I have a few New Year resolutions; am still working on them. I'll post them here soon. Hope everyone had a pleasant New Year as well.

No comments: